Wednesday, December 17, 2008

In the Woods

I felt an urge to spotlight some local hotspots, of the world famous, and almost monumental variety.
Actually, it wasn't my initial intention.
What I really wanted to do was complain... seeking your compassion, or pity, cyber-hugs or handshakes, because I live near the LAX airport. And not just near the airport, but directly in a flightpath zone... my street serves as an arial road map to the brave pilots who whisk in aircrafts full of international visitors and returning locals. And, living near this airport and in this flightpath puts us interneting hopefuls in an interesting predicament. The noise we get used to, but the annoying fact that our computers start operating in the most sluggish pace each time a large plane comes in for landing??? Unbearable!
See? I went and did it anyway. I had decided I wasn't going to complain, but being the weak mortal I am, I fell prey to, well, myself once again.
Now, back to the giant donut which was to the left but now is above you. I was lookin' for a picture of a plane goin' over in my neighborhood, when I stumbled across this awesome photo of Randy's Donuts. It was taken by eyetwist at flickr, and you really should check out the other fabulous photos. The plane was NOT photoshopped in. The angle, the hue... it's fun and quite pleasing, isn't it?
And now onto Randy's. For those of you who eat donuts (yes, I had to say that. My home, my life; they're teaming with vegans and puritists of all kinds), you have to come here at least once in your life. Donuts. Who doesn't like donuts? Randy's is a step above regular donuts. It's worth the drive to get there, and it's pretty central. They sell shirts with donuts on them, too.
Address, info: Randy's Donuts
I love L.A.

0 comments:

 
template by suckmylolly.com